Chocolate Cake with Blackcurrant Conserve
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup Bonne Maman Blackcurrant Conserve
1. Preheat your oven to 160C.
2. Mix together milk, eggs and olive oil in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle.
3. Add flour, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix again until combined.
4. Carefully add hot water and mix again until the batter is smooth and silky.
5. Pour batter into your 22cm Tefal Ingenio Titanium Fusion pan. Dollop small amounts of jam all over the top of the cake batter then place into the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool then dust with icing sugar and serve.