Chocolate Chestnut Tart
- 28 Oreo/chocolate cookies
- 7 Tbsp (100g) butter
Chocolate, chestnut ganache ingredients
- 300g semi-dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (190ml) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (230g) chestnut cream
To serve; fresh berries.
1. BASE. Add cookies to a food processor and blend until fine. Melt butter and mix through.
Press into base and side of your tart tin. Set in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
2. GANACHE. Finely chop chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl. Set aside. Add cream
and chestnut cream to a small saucepan and, while continuously stirring, bring almost to the boil
(bubbles should be beginning to form). Immediately pour over chocolate and stand for 3
minutes then whisk together to form a silky ganache. Remove base from freezer, then pour in
ganache and smooth over. Allow to set for 1+ hours (on the bench top), then top with fresh
fruit to serve.