Pancakes with Caramel Apple Sauce
This recipe is vegetarian
- 25 ml apple juice
- 1/2 a jar Bonne Maman Caramel
- 140g self raising flour
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3tbsp butter, melted
- 125ml whole milk
1. First make the Caramel Apple Sauce. Put the caramel in a small saucepan with the apple juice and stir together over a low heat for 2-3 mins, until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the self raising flour, caster sugar, baking powder, egg and melted butter.
3. Once combined, add in the milk and stir until smooth.
4. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and wipe out the pan with a little extra butter or oil.
5. Add some of the batter mixture onto the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Wait until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and flip the pancake over with a fish slice or spatular. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining batter.
6. Serve the pancakes in a stack, add fruit and pour over the warm Caramel Apple Sauce.