Strawberry Vanilla Scrolls
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (10g) dry yeast
- 2/3 (165mL) cup milk, warm
- 1/3 cup (85mL) coconut or Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla
- 2 Tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Strawberry filling ingredients
- 200g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman strawberry conserve
Optional icing ingredients
- 1 cup (110g) icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) almond milk
- 1/2-1 tsp beet powder or a few drops red food
colouring (optional, for colour only)
1. DOUGH. Add all the scroll ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine, then turn on to a
lightly floured bench and kneed for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a oiled
bowl and leave in a warm spot for 1 hour, or until dough has risen.
2. While the dough roves, add cut strawberries, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon to a bowl.
Combine and set aside. Grease a 8 inch square tin (or similar) and set aside.
3. FILLING. Turn risen dough onto a lightly floured bench and roll out to a thin rectangle.
Spread strawberry conserve over the dough, leaving a 1 cm border. Spread the strawberry
cinnamon mixture on top. Starting from the long edge, roll dough into a tight log. Cut into 9
rounds* and place in your prepared tray. Leave scroll in a warm spot for a further 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 170 C, then bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
oven, and brush the tops with extra strawberry conserve.
5. OPTIONAL ICING- Allow scrolls to cool for a few minutes. Whisk together icing ingredients
in a small bowl, until smooth. Pour over hot scroll, and enjoy immediately.