Sweet & Smoky Pan Eggs
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 large red onions, thinly sliced, or a bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 2 x 400g tins of cherry tomatoes
– 1 tbsp tomato puree
– 2 tbsp Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade
– 4 free-range eggs
– 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander and chilli (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden and soft.
2. Toss the paprika and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and marmalade, and cook until slightly thickened.
3. Make four dips in the mixture and crack an egg into each. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are to your liking.
4. Sprinkle over the coriander and chilli, if using, and serve with warm sourdough bread.
If you’re cooking with tinned tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes that are a little out of season or just not ripe enough, a touch of marmalade will help coax out their natural sweetness.