Toasted Caramel Granola
– 1 tbsp coconut oil or light olive oil
– 75ml pressed apple juice
– 3 tbsp Bonne Maman Caramel
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon or ginger
– 175g jumbo rolled oats
– 50g mixed chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans ect)
– 10g each of sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
– 125g dried fruit (jumbo golden raisins, chopped apricots, dates ect)
– 25g toasted cocnut flakes
– Bonne Maman Conserve (Apricot, Cherry or Rhubarb), extra fruit and fat-free natural yoghurt, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C, 150°C fan forced or gas mark 3. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. In a medium saucepan, gently warm the oil, apple juice, caramel and spices.
3. Mix the oats, nuts and seeds in a bowl and pour over the warm liquid. Stir well to coat thoroughly and spread the mixture evenly over the lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, increase the heat to 180°C, 160 fan forced or gas mark
5. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until golden and toasted. Stir occasionally.
6. Leave to cool, then stir in the dried fruit and cocnut. Store in an airtight container (it will keep for up to two weeks).
7. The granola is delicious with a little Bonne Maman Conserve, extra fruit and some natural yoghurt.